E! caught up with Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy, who will both be playing Spock in "Star Trek," to ask whether the rumor that Tom Cruise will appear in the movie is true. While the two men didn't confirm or deny the cameo, they acted as if Cruse's role was something that they have to keep quiet about. Check out the video below.
Last August, it was rumored that Cruise would play the role of Captain Christopher Pike, but as casting continued, that part went to Bruce Greenwood.
In other "Star Trek" news, Screenrant attended a panel for the movie, where some new information was revealed.
* The rating will end up being PG-13, with the budget being "far below" $200 million.
* The script was written with Leonard Nimoy in mind. Nimoy read the script and liked it. It seems he's so pivotal to the story that they would have had a big problem if he hadn't liked it.
* The USS Enterprise will be assembled in space, although parts of it will be assembled on Earth.
* The release date was pushed back to summer '09 because Paramount really wants it to be a summer blockbuster.
* Nimoy said that he didn't like the death of Kirk in "Star Trek: Generations." He resented it. He then went on to say that it would have been damaging to the story to put Shatner in the film.