WorstPreviews.com Logo Join the community [Login / Register]
Follow WorstPreviews.com on Twitter
What\ News Coming Soon In Theaters On DVD Trailer,Posters,Pictures,Wallpapers, Screensavers PeliBlog.com Trivia/Quizzes
News/Headlines
Trailer for "Midnight Special" Sci-Fi Film, with Michael Shannon and Joel Edgerton
Nov 23rd, 2015
Trailer for "Central Intelligence" Comedy, with Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart
Nov 23rd, 2015
Trailer for Melissa McCarthy's "The Boss" Comedy
Nov 23rd, 2015
Trailer for Juan Antonio Bayona's "A Monster Calls"
Nov 23rd, 2015
First Look at "Central Intelligence" Comedy, with Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart
Nov 19th, 2015
Trailer for "Zoolander 2" Arrives Online
Nov 19th, 2015
Official Trailer for "Now You See Me" Sequel
Nov 19th, 2015
Trailer for Chris Hemsworth's "The Huntsman: Winter's War"
Nov 19th, 2015
Trailer for Keanu Reeves' "Exposed" Thriller
Nov 19th, 2015
First Look at Chris Pine on "Wonder Woman" Set
Nov 16th, 2015
Ridley Scott Reveals Another Title for "Prometheus" Sequel
Nov 16th, 2015
Gerard Butler is a God in "Gods of Egypt" Posters
Nov 16th, 2015
First Look at Liam Neeson in Martin Scorsese's "Silence"
Nov 16th, 2015
New Trailer for "The Divergent Series: Allegiant"
Nov 16th, 2015
Trailer for "Moonwalkers" Comedy, with Ron Perlman and Rupert Grint
Nov 16th, 2015
Trailer for Charlie Kaufman's "Anomalisa" Stop-Motion Film
Nov 3rd, 2015
Poster for "Warcraft" Arrives Online, Trailer Coming on Friday
Nov 3rd, 2015
There's a Good Reason Why Luke Skywalker Isn't on "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" Poster
Nov 2nd, 2015
First Trailer for Sacha Baron Cohen's "The Brothers Grimsby" Comedy
Nov 2nd, 2015
"Spectre" Breaks Box Office Records Overseas
Nov 2nd, 2015
Final Trailer for Ron Howard's "In the Heart of the Sea," with Chris Hemsworth
Nov 2nd, 2015
New Photos From "Warcraft" Video Game Movie
Nov 2nd, 2015
Lots of New Photos From "Suicide Squad"
Oct 30th, 2015
Trailer for "Dirty Grandpa" Comedy, with Robert De Niro and Zac Efron
Oct 30th, 2015
Sandra Bullock to Star in Female Version of "Ocean's Eleven"
Oct 30th, 2015
Trailer for Jared Hess' "Don Verdean" Comedy, with Sam Rockwell
Oct 30th, 2015
"Indiana Jones" Producer Says Harrison Ford Will Not Be Recast
Oct 28th, 2015
Trailer for Adam Sandler's "The Ridiculous 6" Comedy
Oct 28th, 2015
"The Walking Dead" Fan Kills Friend Who Turned Into a Zombie
Oct 28th, 2015
Another "Monopoly" Movie in the Works
Oct 28th, 2015
"Jumanji" Remake Hires "Con Air" Writer
Oct 26th, 2015
Disney's "Tower of Terror" Park Ride Movie Moving Forward
Oct 26th, 2015
Johnny Depp and Edgar Wright Team for "Fortunately, the Milk"
Oct 26th, 2015
Previous News Stories Next News Stories

Jerry Bruckheimer Reveals "Top Gun 2" Story Details

Posted: April 1st, 2014 by WorstPreviews.com Staff
Jerry Bruckheimer Reveals "Top Gun 2" Story DetailsSubmit Comment
Even after director Tony Scott committed suicide, Tom Cruise and producer Jerry Bruckheimer made the decision to move forward with a sequel to "Top Gun."

In a new interview, Bruckheimer confirmed that the film is still moving forward. "Fortunately for Tom, he's very busy, so you have to find a slot he can fit into and get a budget that Paramount feels they can make the picture," he explained.

The producer went on to reveal a few story details, stating: "The concept is, basically, the pilots are obsolete because of drones. Cruise is going to show them that they're not obsolete. They're here to stay."

Source: Huffington Post


Bookmark and Share
You must be registered to post comments. Login or Register.
Displaying 16 comment(s) Profanity: Turn On
Biz Malarkey writes:
on April 1st, 2014 at 7:55:02 AM

Thanks for the synopsis now I can avoid this movie


They already did this with stealth


Which sucked big floppy donkey d*ck
M. Bullitt writes:
on April 1st, 2014 at 8:25:04 AM

By the time the film will be realesed they're definitely going to be obsolete. Way too late.
Stapes writes:
on April 1st, 2014 at 8:55:11 AM

Doubt this will happen.
BadChadB33 writes:
on April 1st, 2014 at 10:03:29 AM

So nothing new here then.
DarthMaul writes:
on April 1st, 2014 at 10:12:22 AM

Mink is a child molester
vincere01 writes:
on April 1st, 2014 at 1:07:29 PM

Id say this movie has a 90% chance of being made. If you had asked me after scott died I would have said 10%.

But since then, jerry has terminated his disney contract and gone back into the buisness of action/adventure movies for adults or aka going 80's style. He signed production deals with the purpose of making sequels to top gun, beverly hills cop etc.

also since ghost protocol came out cruise is back firmly in the A list and getting big budget movie deals left and right, while also seeming to fully realize and come to terms with doing movies that his fans want to see him in.

All that points to this movie getting done. Cruise also has been seen at military bases doing research for the role and movies plot. He is so busy these days that if hes devoting time to it he is serious about doing it.

I dont think it will take a transformers type budget to do it either. Should be easily made for somewhere between 75-100 million which these days would be low to medium risk.

Theres just too much going for it to not get done
Cannon writes:
on April 1st, 2014 at 1:48:00 PM


I bet he'll ride a motorcycle in this. How many movies are there now that feature Cruise riding a motorcycle? Like, all of them or something.

I know it shows him riding one in the trailer for Edge of Tomorrow. You think they have motorcycles in Scientology heaven, or whatever f*cking planet-dimension-thingy you go to when you die? Or, wait, do you actually die in Scientology, or do you, like, quantum leap or something?

Anyways, c*cktail's a pretty good movie. For insane people. Shue is hot.

Oh, and someone repost that gif of Cruise electrocuting Oprah.

Quidd writes:
on April 1st, 2014 at 5:13:55 PM

Sounds a bit like stealth to me
synthetic1985 writes:
on April 1st, 2014 at 5:59:31 PM

rewrite!
OneTime writes:
on April 1st, 2014 at 7:49:55 PM

what else are you going to make the movie about....
minkowski writes:
on April 1st, 2014 at 8:39:53 PM

Just get Ridley to make this piece of sh*t. Not like anyone would notice or care.
Max Rockatansky Junior writes:
on April 1st, 2014 at 8:46:05 PM

Maverick turns all the other pilots onto Scientology. One day, a big spacecraft beams them all from the sky (while they are flying their planes) and aliens anally rape all the men, looking for intelligent life.

The End
Max Rockatansky Junior writes:
on April 1st, 2014 at 8:47:10 PM

The producer went on to reveal a few story details, stating: "The concept is, basically, the pilots are obsolete because of drones. Cruise is going to show them that they're not obsolete. They're here to stay."

So someone who's obsolete is going to show others they are not obsolete ? Wow. This whole concept is obsolete.
Max Rockatansky Junior writes:
on April 1st, 2014 at 8:47:50 PM

Tarantino said it best:

Top Gun 2 = Gay Porn
synthetic1985 writes:
on April 2nd, 2014 at 2:44:58 AM

some people say too many years too late for this...why not just make the time setting a few years after the 1st film in the late 80s or early 90s, before all this drone sh*t...oh wait, it isn't logical enough for hollywood
Quidd writes:
on April 3rd, 2014 at 12:46:44 AM

@ max

He didn't say Top Gun 2 was porn. He said how Top Gun was a great script cause the undertones were that of "a mans struggle with his own homosexuality".

There's a Good Reason Why Luke Skywalker Isn't on "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" Poster

"The Walking Dead" Fan Kills Friend Who Turned Into a Zombie

"Indiana Jones" Producer Says Harrison Ford Will Not Be Recast

Ridley Scott Reveals Another Title for "Prometheus" Sequel

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" Demolishes Pre-Sale Records

Paul Bettany Responds to Jason Statham's "Avengers" Insult

"Spectre" Breaks Box Office Records Overseas

Daniel Craig Would Rather Commit Suicide Than Return as James Bond

Johnny Depp and Edgar Wright Team for "Fortunately, the Milk"

Marvel Has Contingency Plans In Case It Regains Rights to Superheroes
Lace Wedding Dresses from ViViDress UK online shop, buy with confidence and cheap price.
WorstPreviews.com hosted by pair Networks WorstPreviews.com
Hosted by pair Networks
News Feeds | Box Office | Movie Reviews | Buzz: Top 100 | Popularity: Top 100
Poster Store | About Us | Advertising | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Web Tools | Site Map
Copyright © 2009 WorstPreviews.com. All rights reserved