WorstPreviews.com Logo Join the community [Login / Register]
Follow WorstPreviews.com on Twitter
What\ News Coming Soon In Theaters On DVD Trailer,Posters,Pictures,Wallpapers, Screensavers PeliBlog.com Trivia/Quizzes
News/Headlines
Trailer for "Midnight Special" Sci-Fi Film, with Michael Shannon and Joel Edgerton
Nov 23rd, 2015
Trailer for "Central Intelligence" Comedy, with Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart
Nov 23rd, 2015
Trailer for Melissa McCarthy's "The Boss" Comedy
Nov 23rd, 2015
Trailer for Juan Antonio Bayona's "A Monster Calls"
Nov 23rd, 2015
First Look at "Central Intelligence" Comedy, with Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart
Nov 19th, 2015
Trailer for "Zoolander 2" Arrives Online
Nov 19th, 2015
Official Trailer for "Now You See Me" Sequel
Nov 19th, 2015
Trailer for Chris Hemsworth's "The Huntsman: Winter's War"
Nov 19th, 2015
Trailer for Keanu Reeves' "Exposed" Thriller
Nov 19th, 2015
First Look at Chris Pine on "Wonder Woman" Set
Nov 16th, 2015
Ridley Scott Reveals Another Title for "Prometheus" Sequel
Nov 16th, 2015
Gerard Butler is a God in "Gods of Egypt" Posters
Nov 16th, 2015
First Look at Liam Neeson in Martin Scorsese's "Silence"
Nov 16th, 2015
New Trailer for "The Divergent Series: Allegiant"
Nov 16th, 2015
Trailer for "Moonwalkers" Comedy, with Ron Perlman and Rupert Grint
Nov 16th, 2015
Trailer for Charlie Kaufman's "Anomalisa" Stop-Motion Film
Nov 3rd, 2015
Poster for "Warcraft" Arrives Online, Trailer Coming on Friday
Nov 3rd, 2015
There's a Good Reason Why Luke Skywalker Isn't on "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" Poster
Nov 2nd, 2015
First Trailer for Sacha Baron Cohen's "The Brothers Grimsby" Comedy
Nov 2nd, 2015
"Spectre" Breaks Box Office Records Overseas
Nov 2nd, 2015
Final Trailer for Ron Howard's "In the Heart of the Sea," with Chris Hemsworth
Nov 2nd, 2015
New Photos From "Warcraft" Video Game Movie
Nov 2nd, 2015
Lots of New Photos From "Suicide Squad"
Oct 30th, 2015
Trailer for "Dirty Grandpa" Comedy, with Robert De Niro and Zac Efron
Oct 30th, 2015
Sandra Bullock to Star in Female Version of "Ocean's Eleven"
Oct 30th, 2015
Trailer for Jared Hess' "Don Verdean" Comedy, with Sam Rockwell
Oct 30th, 2015
"Indiana Jones" Producer Says Harrison Ford Will Not Be Recast
Oct 28th, 2015
Trailer for Adam Sandler's "The Ridiculous 6" Comedy
Oct 28th, 2015
"The Walking Dead" Fan Kills Friend Who Turned Into a Zombie
Oct 28th, 2015
Another "Monopoly" Movie in the Works
Oct 28th, 2015
"Jumanji" Remake Hires "Con Air" Writer
Oct 26th, 2015
Disney's "Tower of Terror" Park Ride Movie Moving Forward
Oct 26th, 2015
Johnny Depp and Edgar Wright Team for "Fortunately, the Milk"
Oct 26th, 2015
Previous News Stories Next News Stories

Actors are Looking to Strike

Posted: November 23rd, 2008 by WorstPreviews.com Staff
Actors are Looking to StrikeSubmit Comment
The Screen Actors Guild, Hollywood's largest union, inched closer to a strike on Saturday, after two days of talks with an alliance of Hollywood studios apparently broke down.

Joined by a federal mediator, the union met with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers on Thursday for the first time in four months. After adjourning early Saturday morning, the union said that the producers continued to "insist on terms we cannot possibly accept."

In a statement, the producers said only that the parties had been "unable to reach an agreement."

The actors have worked without a contract since June 30th. The two groups are at odds over new terms for a contract that would include payments for Internet videos and other new media.

The union said it would begin an education campaign to encourage its 120,000 members to vote to authorize a strike. If supported by at least 75 percent of members, the guild leadership could begin a strike at any time.

The talk of a strike authorization vote raises the specter of another awards season marred by Hollywood infighting.

Last winter a three-month strike by the Writers Guild of America halted many TV productions and forced the Hollywood Foreign Press Association to scale back the Golden Globe Awards. The writers' guild agreed to a new contract in mid-February, days before the Academy Awards.

Source: The New York Times


Bookmark and Share
You must be registered to post comments. Login or Register.
Displaying 7 comment(s) Profanity: Turn On
bacci40 writes:
on November 22nd, 2008 at 11:35:47 PM

of course, bush will do nothing to avert this strike obama needs to send some of his guys down and twist the arms of the suits but the actors are making a mistake...a strike would cause the loss of many jobs connected with the industry...something we cannot afford in this economy they need an interim agreement to keep working
N8R writes:
on November 22nd, 2008 at 11:51:27 PM

What.... Bush, Obama what??? Anyway, I don't think the vote will pass. Those Hollywood actors are not about to let their limelight slip for any reason. Especially the TV actors. Second off I think there are way too many pompous celebrities out there for them to admit publicly that someone else is actually in control of their stardom whether they like it or not.
minkowski writes:
on November 23rd, 2008 at 2:47:37 AM

@bacci40: You're am idiot. You realize the SAG is little more than a power-hungry union for over paid hacks and otherwise useless celebrities? What will you cry about next? That Bush refuses to make Charmin retire one-ply toilet paper in favor of two-ply because the economy just can't handle so many dirty ass holes? Stupid wanker.
Goldxmrc writes:
on November 23rd, 2008 at 6:13:43 PM

this isn't for the less than 1percent of working actors that actually make millions acting...this is for the other 99percent of actors that are struggling to find work
minkowski writes:
on November 23rd, 2008 at 9:57:15 PM

"this isn't for the less than 1percent of working actors that actually make millions acting...this is for the other 99percent of actors that are struggling to find work". . .last time I watched tv, Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise weren't starring in toothpaste commercials. So I'd say plenty of 'actors' can still find work. The strike is over internet payments and royalties.
vaodsi writes:
on November 24th, 2008 at 10:27:16 AM

Bush? Obama? wtf? dude.. wouldn't it be nasty if the government seriously stepped in.... keep the government AWAY FROM ME AND MY MOVIES!!!!!
PrevalentMind writes:
on November 24th, 2008 at 11:39:02 AM

This is the best news ever! More money for productions and less for ego driven *ssholes. Bring back the time when we cast unknowns and let the stories suck in the audiences. This could backfire against the actors guild- but GOOD.

There's a Good Reason Why Luke Skywalker Isn't on "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" Poster

"The Walking Dead" Fan Kills Friend Who Turned Into a Zombie

Ridley Scott Reveals Another Title for "Prometheus" Sequel

"Indiana Jones" Producer Says Harrison Ford Will Not Be Recast

Johnny Depp and Edgar Wright Team for "Fortunately, the Milk"

"Spectre" Breaks Box Office Records Overseas

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" Demolishes Pre-Sale Records

Paul Bettany Responds to Jason Statham's "Avengers" Insult

Sandra Bullock to Star in Female Version of "Ocean's Eleven"

Daniel Craig Would Rather Commit Suicide Than Return as James Bond
Lace Wedding Dresses from ViViDress UK online shop, buy with confidence and cheap price.
WorstPreviews.com hosted by pair Networks WorstPreviews.com
Hosted by pair Networks
News Feeds | Box Office | Movie Reviews | Buzz: Top 100 | Popularity: Top 100
Poster Store | About Us | Advertising | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Web Tools | Site Map
Copyright © 2009 WorstPreviews.com. All rights reserved